Tuesday, July 20, 2010

How Can I Afford Personal Training?

I found this article, and thought it might be relevant to some of you interested in personal training. The only thing I would add to it, as I never recommend another trainer unless I know them (too many hacks in the business), is that you should NEVER be forced to buy large packages. If a trainer is confident in what they do, and know that they're good, they don't need to sell 50 sessions at a time. This is how people get ripped off. I've seen it over and over at various gyms. Whether you have a trainer at a gym, or at your home, don't buy the big package. My clients, as per my direction, pay me AFTER I've trained them. I do not sell sessions in advance. This helps with their financial flexibility, and ensures that I have the right mindset when I'm working.

-Steve

1 comment:

  1. Great suggestions, Steve. Before I got married, I went to Extreme to take advantage of "Three Months Free." They gave me a bit of a runaround just to do ONLY the three months, but eventually I squared it away. The membership came with a "consultation" with a trainer. That was the hard sell. He had me do some exercises, and after each one, he insisted that I was in desperate need of a trainer. Then I was passed off to the "money guy." He did some calculations. He wanted me to sign up for twelve sessions over an eight week period. But then he made the calculation based on a monthly payment plan. I was going to be paying for the sessions for 12 months, even though my membership would be for three. Sneaky devils.

    ReplyDelete

Food Revolution